Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite dinners. This is one dish that I do not make as often, and I don’t know why. It is so good! I don’t know a single person who has tried my chicken parmesan and didn’t like it. It is such an easy recipe.
- Half a package of penne pasta
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup cheese (mozza is best)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I use cornflake crumbs)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (plus some more for topping)
- 1 egg
- Splash of milk
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 680ml can of tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cook penne pasta. Oil bottom of casserole pan and line with the pasta.
- Saute garlic in olive oil. Add tomato sauce and spices. Adjust seasonings to taste. Simmer.
- Mix bread crumbs and parm. cheese together. Add parsley. In a separate bowl mix egg and milk.
- Heat butter in a pan. Dip chicken in egg mixture then bread crumbs. Add to pan.
- Fry on each side 5-7 mins. Or until golden brown.
- Mix the penne with most of the sauce (leaving some to cover the chicken).
- Add chicken to pasta in casserole dish. Top with some remaining parm. cheese, tomato sauce and top with cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 mins, or until chicken is no longer pink.
I am sorry if some of this seems rushed. I have a hard time putting some of my recipes into words. I had to re-trace my steps. This is an excellent dinner! I hope everyone enjoys it!