My chili recipe is a simple one, but one that you can’t go wrong with. Every family has a chili recipe laying around in a recipe book or two. It’s a staple in every household and there is so much you can do with it. From plain chili to chili dogs, to chili loaded potato wedges the possibilities with chili are endless.
- 1 onion
- 1-2 stalks of celery
- 1 can (28oz) canned whole tomatoes
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can beans and tomato sauce (i always use heinz pork n beans with tomato sauce)
- 1 can kidney beans (drained)
- Chili powder (season to taste)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Cayenne (optional)
- Canned mushrooms -drained (I don’t use this -Eric hates mushrooms, but my mom does)
- Scramble fry some lean ground beef until done. Drain.
- In a bowl microwave the cut up onion and celery in water to soften (I do this while meat cooks).
- Add meat back to pot, and add veggies.
- Add rest of the ingredients and simmer for at least one hour, the longer the better! Taste and adjust seasonings. I hardly ever add cayenne, my mom doesn’t. She hates spice. I add a little bit for flavor if I do.
That is it! Simple and SOOO good! Serve with cheese over top if desired.