Honey and Tea Chicken
Cooking Chicken With Tea may sound a little odd, but trust me it’s delicious. I have made this particular recipe many times and I usually serve it with penne noodles tossed in a roasted garlic, sun dried tomato and olive oil.
Cooking Chicken With Tea – Honey and Tea Chicken Breasts
This recipe can be good for up to 6 chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless).
- 6 chicken breasts (I only use two, since there is only two of us).
- Orange Pekoe Tea Bag or Earl Grey De Creme Loose Leaf Tea (Irish Breakfast works well too).
- 2 Cups boiling water (about)
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 3 tbsps soy sauce.
- In a saucepan place tea bag and pour boiling water over. Let steep for a little bit and press spoon into tea bag, then remove.
- Add honey and soy sauce and stir until dissolved.
- Turn on element to medium and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and cover. Cook for 15-18 minutes.
- Turn chicken and remove cover. Continue to cook for another 10-12 minutes.
You can find Earl Grey De Creme (available in black tea, green tea or a luxurious white tea) over at my Steeped Tea store or email me to order. Irish Breakfast would work wonderfully as well since it’s similar to Orange Pekoe.