Penne With a Tomato Vodka Sauce
This recipe is not only easy, but it is amazing. I admit, I am one for adding seasonings and spices to EVERYTHING, but not this. This is perfect. I have to say, that this may be one of my favorite dishes, although I haven’t made it in months! (I tend not to have vodka in the house when I am pregnant.) Tomato Vodka Sauce is my new favorite.
Penne with Tomato Vodka Sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce (I love Hunt’s garlic. I use the size and a half can, but 2 cans work if you can’t find it.) If you have regular sauce, chop up some garlic and saute it before you add the sauce.
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup cream
- Penne (About 1/3-1/2 a package – depends on how many you are feeding)
- Add tomato sauce to a pot, bring to a boil.
- Add vodka, simmer for at least half an hour.
- Meanwhile, cook up some penne
- Add cream, heat through and pour over penne noodles and serve.That is how easy it is! Of course, this recipe isn’t as glamorous as others, it is just a simplified recipe for those of us who have “one of those days” where we don’t have time to chop up other ingredients to add. (Although, this recipe is so basic, you could add whatever you would like to!)
I made this the first time in the crock pot and it turned out the best, but the longer it has time to cook, the better it tastes. For the crock pot, I just did everything the same (but for longer) and added the cream in the last half an hour.