Kickin’ Chicken Kebabs w/ Spicy Peanut Sauce #ChickenDotCa
I’m so excited to share with you these spicy chicken kebabs. I’ve been wanting to share a chicken kebab recipe for a while now and the day is finally here. The best part? It has a spicy peanut sauce, and we all know how I feel about peanut butter recipes.
This version of the Kickin’ Chicken Kebabs came to be by accident. If you were at #ChickenChat last week then you may remember my dilemma. I had the recipe written out (I even shared a photo on Twitter because I was so excited) and then I realized I was out of Sriracha. Sriracha was key but I was sick with a summer cold and refused to leave my PJs, so I made do with what I did have: Valentina Hot Sauce. You guys, if you haven’t tried this Mexican hot sauce yet, do it. It’s not that spicy and adds a lot of flavor. Thankfully the Valentina hot sauce worked well, I’ll do up a sriracha version of this recipe another time.
The sauce itself was a branch of the Thai dipping sauce I use in the Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe. After a few tastes, it felt like it was missing something and that is when I added the honey. Honey always goes good with peanut butter.
I couldn’t have made these spicy chicken kebabs without the help of Canadian Chicken. When I shop for chicken, I look for the “Raised By a Canadian Farmer” logo. Why? Because when I buy Canadian chicken, I’m helping our economy and supporting local farming families. Pheobe Buffay is right, there is not such thing as a selfless good deed because supporting Canadian Chicken makes me feel good. It makes me feel like I’m making a difference in our country (while supporting my love for chicken).
I recommend that you make up the marinade at least two hours in advance. However, the longer you can marinate the chicken, the better.
I love all the colors in this dish. Even raw, the chicken looks edible. Well, almost…I still know it’s raw.
Kickin’ Chicken Kebabs
I made a quick foodie video for this recipe. Check it out, and be sure to subscribe!
Spicy Chicken Kebabs
Kickin' Chicken Kebabs w/ Spicy Peanut Sauce
For the Spicy Chicken Kebabs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Valentina)
- 2 tbsps honey
- 2 tbsps liquid aminos (soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsps parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 skewers
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cubed
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsps liquid aminos (soy sauce)
- 2 tbsps hot sauce (I used Valentina)
- 2 tsps honey
- 1 tsp mined garlic
- optional: red chili flakes
For the Spicy Chicken Kebabs:
- Add the olive oil, hot sauce, honey, liquid aminos, garlic, and salt and pepper in a medium/large bowl. Add the chicken breasts, cover and refrigerate for at least two hours. The longer, the better.
- If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water while the chicken marinates.
- Arrange the skewers with chicken-pepper-chicken or pepper-chicken-pepper. It really doesn't matter.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes each side, or until no longer pink.
- If baking - bake for 35-40 minutes at 375.
- While the chicken is grilling, throw together the sauce.
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Add all the ingredients together and serve with spicy chicken kebabs.
For more recipes and chicken tips (like cooking times) please visit Canadian Chicken on the following social channels: Facebook: Canadian Chicken, Twitter: @ChickenFarmers, Instagram: @ChickenDotCA; Pinterest: ChickenDotCA.
If you like this recipe, then please share it with your friends.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.