Foil-Packet Southwestern Chicken Dinner
Every once in a while I will browse the Kraft website for dinner ideas, and I normally don’t get a single one that appeals to me. One day I came across the Foil-Packet Southwestern Chicken Dinner and I figured it didn’t sound half bad (plus I had all the ingredients on hand). I was skeptical because I often find that the Kraft recipes don’t taste that great, that they are too blah or taste too “fatty”. I gave this a try and it was fantastic! I was impressed. Eric rather enjoyed his as well. When I made it I didn’t cook the rice with the chicken, I had that separate. I also used brown rice instead, to make it that much more healthier.
Southwestern Chicken Dinner – Foil Packet Meals
- 1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb./ 500 g)
- 1-1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup KRAFT CALORIE-WISE RANCHER’S CHOICE Dressing
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped red peppers (about 1 medium)
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Combine rice and water; let stand 5 min.
- SPOON rice mixture evenly onto centre of each of four large sheets of heavy-duty foil. Top each with 1 chicken breast; sprinkle with chili powder. Drizzle evenly with dressing; top with cheese and vegetables. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place foil packets in single layer in 15x10x3/4-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170°F). Place one packet on each of four dinner plates. Cut slits in foil with sharp knife to release steam before opening.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.