Healthy Tuscan Shrimp Alfredo
This lightened up healthy Tuscan shrimp alfredo is incredibly delicious. It’s made without butter and without flour, and instead of using heavy cream or half and half, it calls for Greek yogurt. But, and this is what I love the most, it tastes just like the real deal.
Tuscan Shrimp Alfredo
Disclosure: this incredible healthy alfredo sauce recipe contains affiliate links.
Technically this recipe isn’t Tuscan as in from Tuscany but it’s inspired by the classic Olive Garden recipes we all love.
I served it over whole wheat pasta but you can use zoodles if you prefer a low carb or gluten-free option.
Shrimp Alfredo Substitutes
You can also use chicken instead of shrimp and use sun-dried tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes.
If you are not a huge fan of alfredo sauce you can also use the base like a cream substitute.
Just heat the oil with the cornstarch, add in the milk and broth and let it thicken.
The recipe’s broth addition is also up to you. I used chicken but you can also use seafood. I like this broth from Kettle and Fire.
What vegetables go good with alfredo?
Feel free to add whatever fresh vegetables you have on hand. Bell peppers and asparagus would be a great addition to this alfredo sauce recipe.
Vegetables that go good with shrimp or chicken alfredo are:
- Bell peppers (red or green peppers)
- Hearts of Romaine
- Cauliflower (blend it into the sauce for some hidden vegetables!)
- Tomatoes (or sun dried tomatoes)
- Green beans
21 Day Fix Counts
By popular demand, I am now offering the container counts for the Ultimate Portion Fix. I’ll be slowly updating all my recipes so you can use my recipes for Beachbody programs like 21 Day Fix, 80 Day Obsession, Liift4, and more.
Full recipe: 3.5 green, 5 red, 2 blue, 16.5 tsps.
Per serving: 3/4 green, 1 1/4 red, 1/4 blue, 4 tsps.
Fill a yellow with pasta for your pasta serving.
How to make healthy shrimp alfredo
This recipe has been lightened up with the use of Greek yogurt and skim milk instead of heavy cream, but you can easily swap the milk for almond or coconut milk (in a carton, not a can).
Healthy pasta recipes on The Bewitchin’ Kitchen
Add this to this week’s meal plan! Need help in that department? Learn my Meal Planning Method.
Healthy Tuscan Shrimp Alfredo
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ Cups broth chicken or seafood
- 1 ½ Cups skim milk unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (not canned) work too
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt plain
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Cups baby spinach
- ½ Cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ½ Cup parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large pan oven medium heat. Add the garlic and fry until fragrant. Add shrimp and cook until just cooked (pink in color). Set aside.
- Add the onion and cook until transparent (around 3 minutes). Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the remaining oil and the cornstarch and stir. Cook for 1 more minute.
- While whisking, add in broth and milk. Let it simmer and thicken whisking constantly. Remove from fire and mix in the Greek yogurt. Stir in the parmesan cheese, baby spinach and salt and pepper.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta.
21 Day Fix CountsFull recipe: 3.5 green, 5 red, 2 blue, 16.5 tsps. Per serving: 3/4 green, 1 1/4 red, 1/4 blue, 4 tsps.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.