Caramel Apple Waffles
This waffle recipe is egg free (it has applesauce instead) and is sweet without being overbearing.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsps stevia baking blend I ran out of sugar, so Truvia Baking Blend came to the rescue.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cashew milk almond or cow's milk work just as well, cashew is just what I had in my fridge
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp caramel or vanilla extract
For the topping
- 1 granny smith apple sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsps sugar or 1 tbsps Truvia Baking Blend
- Caramel for drizzle I used Walden Farms calorie free caramel dip and watered it down - I bought it fromVitacost
- Cinnamon for dusting
Preheat your waffle iron.
In a large bowl mix together all your ingredients. I poured it all in one bowl, I didn't bother separating the wet ingredients from the dry.
Pour enough batter in the iron to cover the whole thing, flip over until alarm sounds and flip back until done.
Sliced the granny smith apples thin and arrange along the outside area of the waffle.
Whip up the cream with the sugar and place in the middle.
Drizzle caramel sauce over and dust with cinnamon.
Eat and enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 60.6g | Protein: 6.5g | Fat: 12.4g | Saturated Fat: 6.9g | Cholesterol: 33.6mg | Sodium: 664.6mg | Fiber: 3.4g | Sugar: 13.8g