About Randa & The Bewitchin’ Kitchen™
Hi! I’m Randa and I’m the owner and creator of The Bewitchin’ Kitchen™, but you already knew that so let’s move on and I’ll share with you a little bit about my life.
I grew up in the small town of Houston, British Columbia where all the gatherings with family, friends, and small town events revolved around food. Local hockey game? Head to the concession. Off to the lake? Pack a picnic. Family gatherings? Get out the turkey! I grew up with my grandma and mom not only cooking for our families, but for the community as well (providing perogies, buns, and other homestyle foods for events and everyday life for friends when life got busy). It sounds delicious, doesn’t it? Well, try being 13 years old and waking up to perogies being made every Monday and having the butter, onion, and bacon smell stick to your clothes. Let’s just say the aroma I carried around wasn’t the Ralph Eau Du Toilette that I desired.
Since then, I’ve moved around a fair bit and am currently residing in the small city of Prince George, BC where I’m working on The Bewitchin’ Kitchen™ full-time while raising my son, enjoying life with my husband, and planning our next travel adventure.
- I love the fall season, the colors and the crisp air keep me energized – wait…no, that’s the Pumpkin Spiced Latte.
- I like to scrapbook, but haven’t’ touched my supplies in over three years. So maybe I should rephrase that to I like the idea of scrapbooking.
- I bought a used Nikon D90 and I’ve been obsessed ever since.
- I have a new found passion for health and fitness, but we’ll get into that later.
- I wish I could say I’m the fashionable mom with beautiful clothes and accessories, but truth be told – I’m the mom in lulus (Lululemons) with her hair a frizz-induced ponytail.
- I’m a Pinterest addict (but who isn’t?). Follow me on Pinterest.
- There is nothing better than finishing the day with a glass of my favorite Okanagan wine.
- While we’re on the topic the Okanagan is my favorite place to visit and be sure to read about the 5 Okanagan Wineries You Have To Visit.
- I love to meal plan and look forward to grocery shopping (especially sans child, it’s like a mini-vacation).
I’m a 28-year-old professional toddler wrangler. My son only has one setting and that’s GO. I think it’s safe to say that nap time is a blessing in my home. It gives me a moment to enjoy a coffee while I catch up on blogging and watch Days Of Our Lives (you can stop laughing at me now, we all have our guilty pleasures).
The guy on the right is Eric, he’s my husband. He loves to fish, play hockey, and he’s a huge Vancouver Canucks fan. I think it’s pretty safe to say that he’s a typical Canadian male. We’ve been together for a long time, we’re going on twelve years this year, but didn’t get married until 2010. We celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary this past June. He’s what makes a good dad, great.
Back to me…
I love to eat. So much in fact, that I have lost over 50 pounds – twice (the first time it was 70). The last fifty pounds were from pregnancy, but pregnancy weight is not easy to lose. In February of 2013 I decided to up my game and started my own health and fitness business.
Connect With Me
I believe that the kitchen is the heart of the home. Whether it’s discussing your day, sharing the highlights of your trip, or just having quality time with a loved one; lives are brought together at the kitchen table
The Bewitchin’ Kitchen™ features my love for creating and sharing recipes, my will to lead a healthy for my family while balancing the joys that life bring: travel, parenting, and (of course) cupcakes.
A Few Past Partnerships:
Carnival Cruise Lines
Food Network Canada
I am proud to have been a Brand Ambassador for the following companies:
Frigidaire Test Drive Mom
Chicken Farmers Of Canada
Canadian Mother’s Resource Ambassador (Nemo Protein Ice Pops, Heartfelt Hanging Masker – DIY Mother’s Day Gift, Build Your Own Pizza Bar – Picky Eater Breakthrough)
Chatelaine’s Tasters & Testers. I wrote about how I threw together a “DIY Date Night” using Canadian Cheese. Read the Tasters & Testers piece here.
Media Kit and Rate Card available upon request. Contact me: [email protected].
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.