Sweet n’ Spicy Turkey Burgers w/ Pineapple Sriracha Sauce
A delicious and healthy recipe for turkey burgers using Sriracha Chili Sauce and Pineapples. Sweet and spicy, and perfect for summertime!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 6 lettuce leaves for wrapping or use buns if preferred
- 6 Sweet n' Spicy Burgers recipe below
- Pineapple cored and sliced into rings, juice reserved
- Pineapple Sriracha Sauce recipe below
- Sweet n' Spicy Turkey Burgers:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper plus a few more red peppers, halved and roasted for an optional burger topping
- .5 cup spinach
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice reserved from cut pineapple
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup oats
- Pineapple Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice reserved from cut pineapple
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
Pineapple Sriracha Sauce:
Combine ingredients and set aside.
Sweet n' Spicy Turkey Burgers:
Combine ingredients with your hand and grill 10-15 minutes (or until no longer pink). If the burgers are a little too moist and you're concerned about it falling through the grill, place on foil and lay on top of the grills until it's stable enough to hold it's own.
Brush with Pineapple Sriracha Sauce two minutes before it's done.
Once you take the burgers off the grill, add the pineapple and grill for 1 minute on each side (or until you have beautiful grill marks). Brush with Pineapple Sriracha Sauce.
Assemble with toppings of choice and wrap in lettuce (or if you prefer, buns).
Serving: 1g | Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2055IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.3mg