Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
Keto Stuffed Mushrooms make a delicious light appetizer for holiday parties. Make savory stuffed mushrooms keto friendly by following this easy, healthy recipe –– ready in just over half an hour!
Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
Keto Stuffed mushrooms bring together a variety of flavors and textures to make the perfect party appetizer! Each bite of these stuffed mushrooms contains the crunch of walnuts, the tanginess of cream cheese and blue cheese, and the added taste of ground pepper and chives to finish it off.
Not only are these mushrooms cheesy and flavorful, they’re also soft and juicy, tenderized by their baking process. Once your mushrooms have been prepped, simply pop them in the oven, and they’ll be ready in no time at all.
Why you will love Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
- Easy to prepare. These stuffed mushrooms are made with just 6 ingredients that are so easy to mix together. Not only does this recipe require minimal ingredients, it also comes together in just over half an hour!
- Endless options for filling variations. The filling in this recipe has so much flavor due to the blue cheese and chives, but there are a ton of different options that you can try. Some of my favorites include caramelized onion with parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and cream cheese seasoned with Italian herbs!
- Healthy! Mushrooms have a number of health benefits. They’re a low-carb ingredient that makes these stuffed mushrooms keto approved. Mushrooms are also a good source of vitamin D and contain nutrients to support the immune system.
How to Make Perfect Keto Friendly Stuffed Mushrooms
Step One: Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray your baking sheet lightly with oil, or line it with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Step Two: Allow cream cheese to soften. Softened cream cheese will be easier to mix with the other ingredients to make a soft, creamy filling. I typically take cream cheese out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about half an hour before starting the meal prep.
Step Three: Combine ingredients for filling and mix until the cheese mixture is smooth. Set aside.
Step Four: Bake mushrooms before stuffing them. First, remove their stalks, then place them bottom-side up on your prepared tray. Pop them in the oven for about 3-4 minutes, or until slightly softened.
Step Five: Flip and fill the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture. Continue baking for about 4 more minutes. Keep in mind that mushrooms cook quickly, so smaller mushrooms are likely to be done in under 8 minutes. Adjust your baking time accordingly, baking until the mushrooms are fork-tender and the cheese filling is bubbling.
Frequently asked Questions about Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
Can I make stuffed mushrooms ahead of time?
Yes! My keto stuffed mushrooms are the perfect appetizer to prepare ahead of time. You won’t need to bake them twice, but since they’ll be coming from the fridge, you’ll need to bake them slightly longer than 8 minutes until warmed through.
Simply pre-fill the mushrooms and store them covered in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them. Stuffed mushrooms that have been prepared in advance should be baked within 2 days.
Should I wash mushrooms before stuffing them?
It’s always a good idea to wash mushrooms before cooking in order to remove dirt. However, you should avoid soaking the mushrooms in water as you clean them, otherwise they could turn out soggy when baked.
Some mushrooms you’ll find at the store may already be pre-washed. If the package doesn’t indicate that they’ve been washed, place the mushrooms in a colander and give them a good rinse. If any dirt remains, you can use a paper towel to lightly rub it away.
How long can baked stuffed mushrooms last in the fridge?
After being baked, keto stuffed mushrooms will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Allow them to cool fully before transferring them to a storage container. For best results, store stuffed mushrooms in a single layer in an airtight container, or in layers separated by parchment paper.
Leftover stuffed mushrooms can be reheated in the oven, or in the microwave if you want to heat them up quicker.
Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz white cup mushrooms
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, a silicone mat, or sprayed oil. Set it aside.
- Mix softened cream cheese, blue cheese, fresh chives, chopped walnuts, and ground pepper until smooth.
- Then, remove the mushroom stalk and place them bottom-side up on the prepared tray. Bake for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Next, flip the mushrooms and fill them with the cream cheese mixture. Bake for 4 more minutes or until mushrooms are fork-tender and cheese is bubbling.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve warm.
- Mushrooms bake too quickly, so be careful with smaller sizes as their baking time will be shorter.
- Filling variations are endless, my favorites are caramelized onion with parmesan cheese, and sundried tomatoes, cream cheese season with Italian herbs!
- Store them in the fridge for up to five days.
- Make these ahead: instead of baking them in two times, pre-fill them and store them in the fridge, covered, until you’re ready to bake. Then, you’ll just need a slightly longer baking time.