Ricotta Cake with Eggnog Glaze (Made in a MultiFry)
I never knew that ricotta cake was a thing until I opened up the cookbook that came with my Multrifry. Special bonus? The delicious eggnog glaze I made with it.
I asked on Facebook if people could guess how I baked this Ricotta Cake. I had the following guesses: skillet, crockpot, FlavorWave, microwave but no one got it right. The simple and delicious secret to the Ricotta Cake with Eggnog Glaze is the MultiFry.
This post contains affiliate links.
The MultiFry is made by De’Longhi and it replaces both a low-oil fryer and a multi-cooker. Prepare anything and everything from your favorite healthy recipes to french fries, pizza, chicken dinners, and even cake. All of this on your counter-top! Plus it has a built-in timer that you can leave in the machine or remove to carry around with you.
- Endless recipe possibilities: Thanks to the Surround Cooking System and automatic mixing paddle you can make your favorite recipes, along with turning your favorites into healthier options.
- Save time: There is no stirring, just toss and walk away. The automatic mixing paddle consistently mixes food allowing you to fry, saute and roast with no effort.
- Crispy frying with minimal oil: Enjoy the food you love but without the excess calories.
- Big capacity: You can cook up to 3.7 Ibs of fresh potatoes in the MultiFry.
Ricotta Cake with Eggnog Glaze
I was really intrigued when I first saw this ricotta cake recipe in the MultiFry cookbook, I would never have guessed! So I whipped up the ingredients, tossed it in the fryer and boom – ricotta cake! It was good but it was still missing a little pop of flavor. Since Christmas is less than a month away, I made a quick eggnog glaze and it turned out beautifully.
Ricotta Cake with Eggnog Glaze
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsps unsalted butter
- 2 cups + 3 tbsps flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
Egg Nog Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup egg nog
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- Be sure that you remove the paddle from the MultiFry.
- Take 3 tablespoons of the melted butter and grease the bowl. Toss 3 tablespoons of the flour around to coat and shake out the excess.
- In a medium bowl, add two cups of flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl stir together the ricotta, sugar, eggs, vanilla and the rest of the butter.
- Add the flour mixture, combine and then the chocolate chips.
- Dump the batter and spread along the pan. Set the MultiFry to level 2, turn on the bottom heating element and turn on.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cook before you cut into it.
- Mix together eggnog glaze and pour over.
Grab the MultriFry on Amazon.
If you’re looking for more MultiFry recipes check out my Sweet Sriracha Chicken Wings.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DELONGHI. The opinions and text are all mine.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.