The Perfect Pie Crust
I’ve been there time and time again. Pie crust that falls apart and cracks. It drives me insane! Then I came across a pie crust recipe, and made a few modifications of my own, and I have never had a problem since! Now it’s the perfect pie crust recipe. I believe this recipe has originated from Martha Stewart.
Perfect Pie Crust Recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 tbsp. pcs., very cold
- 1/4-1/2 cup cold water, adding more if needed.
- Put the flour, salt and sugar into a food processor and pulse once or twice, or use a pastry blender.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture looks grainy.
- Then slowly, while pulsing, add the water until you can form the dough by pressing it between your fingers.
- Put the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Using the wrap, fold the loose dough towards the middle and press with the back of your hands to form dough.
- Split into two pieces and wrap each and chill for at least 4 hours before using.
I have refrigerated this dough to up to a week. I have also stuck it in the freezer, it came out fine.