Breakfast tacos combine crispy chorizo, fluffy eggs, and diced vegetables for a nourishing, quick, and easy breakfast that even your kids will love!
Frying up the onions, bell peppers, and chorizo sausage is such an aromatic experience that lends to the full flavor of this taco breakfast. Combined with eggs and topped with salsa, this Mexican breakfast tacos recipe is to die for.
The best part of these Mexican breakfast tacos is the dynamite taste that makes you believe it took time in the kitchen to create. In reality, it was a few simple ingredients and 15 minutes at the most!
Why You’ll Love These Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
- Fast – These chorizo and egg tacos are a full meal all on their own and are ready in just 15 minutes.
- Easy – No special equipment and just a few simple ingredients make up this taco breakfast.
- Unique – Not quite your typical breakfast burrito, and not quite your average Taco Tuesday. These chorizo breakfast tacos are out-of-the-box to switch up your weekly menu.
How to Make Mexican Breakfast Tacos
Saute Chorizo and Vegetables: In a large skillet, heat oil and add the onions and bell peppers, then saute until they begin to soften. Add cubed chorizo and scramble fry for a few minutes (until heated and fragrant). This is the filling for your chorizo breakfast tacos.
Scramble Eggs: In a bowl, crack eggs and beat with a fork. Spray the skillet with nonstick spray (or add more oil) and add the eggs. Scramble until cooked.
Assemble Chorizo and Egg Tacos: Warm the tortillas by wrapping them in a towel or paper towel and microwaving for 15 seconds.
Arrange the breakfast tacos with eggs, chorizo mix, and optional toppings of salsa, avocado, and cheese. Enjoy your tacos warm.
Note: I didn’t season with any salt and pepper as I found that the chorizo was already salted and packed enough flavor. However, feel free to season to taste.
Taco Breakfast Frequently Asked Questions
Are these chorizo and egg tacos spicy?
Chorizo is typically a spicy sausage. Mexican chorizo is often seasoned with vinegar and chile peppers, while Spanish chorizo is made with garlic and smoked paprika. If spice isn’t your thing, you can substitute the chorizo in this recipe for bacon or your sausage of choice.
Do I have to use corn tortillas in this recipe?
I personally used corn tortillas to make these gluten free chorizo and egg tacos, but you can use whatever you like.
What is chorizo?
Chorizo is highly seasoned (and therefore flavorful!) chopped or ground pork sausage used in Spanish and Mexican cuisine. To make these tacos pork-free, you’ll need to use a chorizo substitute.
More Out-of-the-Box Taco Recipes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3/4 cup chorizo sausage cubed
- 8 eggs
- 8 tortillas flour or corn, your choice
- Optional toppings: salsa avocado, cheese
- In a large skillet heat oil and add the onions and bell peppers and saute until they begin to soften.
- Add the cubed chorizo and scramble fry for a few minutes (until heated and fragrant). Set the chorizo mix aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, and beat with a fork.
- Spray the skillet with nonstick spray (or add more oil) and add the eggs. Scramble until cooked.
- Warm the tortillas by wrapping them in a towel or paper towel and microwaving for 15 seconds.
- Arrange the breakfast tacos with eggs, chorizo mix, and optional toppings of salsa, avocado, and cheese.