White Chocolate French Toast #DempstersHoneyWheat
This recipe for White Chocolate French Toast was inspired by a trip to Key West last October. It’s a fun twist on traditional french toast and makes a delicious (and decadent) addition to brunch.
I’ve been wanting to recreate this white chocolate french toast recipe for months now, but I’ve been waiting for the right moment. That moment finally came, and I’m ecstatic to share this amazing breakfast recipe with you.
It’s your standard french toast recipe but with a few twists: instead of maple syrup, you make a simple white chocolate sauce and instead of regular bread you use Dempster’s Honey Wheat.
Why Dempster’s Honey Wheat? Well, the simple fact is that it tastes amazing but I also like that it has no artificial colors or flavours. I love that Dempster’s has put honey into their bread because honey is where it’s at.
Did you know:
- The Canadian production of honey is at an all-time high?
- 43,227 tonnes of honey was produced in 2015?
- 1,504 honey related products have launched between 2010-2015? Most of these products are food related. Yum!
Go grab it now, it’s only on store shelves until June 14th!
Tell me in the comments what your favorite use for honey is.
I love it to sweeten tea, add a sweet twist on homemade vinaigrettes, and I’m a sucker for old fashioned honey on toast.
Oh my heavens! White Chocolate French Toast! Get the recipe from @BewitchinKitchClick To Tweet
White Chocolate French Toast
I am thrilled with how this recipe for white chocolate french toast turned out. I couldn’t be happier with it. I served mine with strawberries, but blueberries would be just as delicious.
This makes recipe makes any Sunday morning extra special or use it to celebrate a birthday.
White Chocolate French Toast
Honey Wheat French Toast
- 6 pieces Dempster's Honey Wheat
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2tbsps unsalted butter
White Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the french toast
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of butter and let it melt.
- While the skillet is heating, add the eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon into a bowl. Whisk together.
- Dip the Dempster's Honey Wheat slices in the egg mixture and add to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes and flip, cooking for another 2 (or until golden on each side).
- Do this for each slice of bread.
For the white chocolate sauce
- In a small saucepan, add the heavy whipping cream and heat over medium heat until it boils.
- Once it boils add the white chocolate chips and vanilla.
Disclosure: this recipe for White Chocolate French Toast has been sponsored by Dempster’s. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.