Cheesy Chili Stuffed Peppers with Monterey Jack Jalapeno Cheese
Looking for a healthy dinner recipe with the familiarity of comfort food? You have to try these Cheesy Chili Stuffed Peppers with Monterey Jack Jalapeno Cheese!
I love a good, cheesy recipe. Let’s be honest, cheese just makes everything better! I personally believe that whenever a recipe is missing a little “zing” to simply add parmesan and I always achieve the taste I’m looking for.
I’ve partnered with Armstrong® cheese for this recipe for Chili Stuffed Peppers. My family has been buying Armstrong® cheese for a few years, I love that they started in a “local” community (local being it’s only a few hours away from where I live) and that it’s a BC based company. Armstrong® Cheese is made like how cheese artisans made it many years ago. It’s naturally aged and has been since 1902.
Armstrong® cheese has put a new, exciting twist on former cheese favorites. They have now released:
- Monterey Jack with Jalapeno
- Garlic and Herb
I made a recipe for chili stuffed peppers that’s topped with the Monterey jack jalapeno and, you guys, it tastes so darn good. It’s not spicy, so don’t be scared off with the “j word”, it has just enough heat where it adds flavour. It would go really well as a snack on the patio this summer while sipping some Gewurztraminer.
I also bought the Garlic and Herb white cheddar because I thought it would go amazing with a french onion soup recipe, however, my family got to the cheese before I did and there isn’t enough left.
Naturally, I lost my cheese grater (how does it always happen when I need it?) so I sliced up the cheese and used my Vitamix to grate it instead. After that, I tossed the peppers in the oven and dealt with my hungry tummy by nibbling on a little (okay, a lot) of the Monterey jack jalapeno cheese.
TBK’s Pro Tip: Can’t find a cheese grater? Use a blender instead and chop it a few times.
You guys, my house smelled so good.
Cheesy Chili Stuffed Peppers
Talk about comfort food! This family dinner recipe is easy to throw together, especially with leftover chili! Another amazing chili recipe that would go perfectly with these stuffed peppers is my clean eating chicken chili. If you don’t want a beef based chili, check that one out.
Cheesy Chili Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers
- Chili see below
- 2 cups Armstrong® Monterey Jack Jalapeno Cheese grated
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne
- In a large pot, scramble fry the ground beef until half way done and then add the onions. Stir until the ground beef is cooked, drain the fat.
- Add the rest of the chili ingredients, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- While the chili is simmering, take the tops off the bell peppers and scoop out the ribs and seeds. Preheat the oven to 400˚
- Scoop the chili into the bell peppers.
- Top with Armstrong® cheese and bake for 20 minutes, throwing it on broil at the end for a few minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
Disclosure: this recipe for cheesy chili stuffed peppers has been sponsored by my friends over at Armstrong® Cheese. All opinions are my own.