How To Build A Media Kit For Your Blog
that related to The Bewitchin’ Kitchen’s theme and what I wanted to show I offer. So that is why I am posting this. I had a hard time, so I know there are others having difficulty as well and I hope this post will help you.
This was my biggest challenge, I had no idea on how or where to start. So I flipped roles and looked at it from a company’s perspective, what would I want to know? This is what I came up with:
- Information about the blog and what their stats are
- Experience and reputation
- Policies and procedures (what to expect and what they expect from me)
- How much is this going to cost me
Once I had an idea on what I thought I should be addressing, I had to figure out what I wanted to state in each section:
Experience and Reputation: List companies you have worked with (and include a link or two so the company can see what your style is). Every once in a while ask a company that you have worked with to write you a short testimonial and post them on your media kit, they’re great references.
Costs: If you have advertising rates or charge for any service that you may provide. State it! Not only will this save you (and the person you are about to work with) time but there is also clarity from the beginning.
- Keep it organized: I think this is pretty self-explanatory.
- Add your blog logo: Not only does this make your Media Kit visually stimulating, but it gives it a professional look.
- Don’t over do it: Keep it clean and simple. When you look it over, you want your eyes to glide smoothly over the document.
- When it doubt, leave it out: If you’re second guessing putting something in, just leave it out. It probably isn’t important to the company
Don’t forget to update your Media Kit, as your blogging stats, events and even rates will change with time. I update my Media Kit the first of every month.
I hope this guide helped you, and if you liked it don’t forget to share it. If you would like to feature this post on your blog (as a guest post) or you’re interested in having me build your media kit for you, feel free to contact me
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.
products I used to make this happen Shop This Post
(may include affiliate links)