Pina Colada Overnight Oats #LoveMySilk
This recipe for pina colada overnight oats is packed with flavor. This dairy free treat is perfect for quick breakfasts and the fact that it’s refined sugar-free, dairy free, and gluten free fits most dietary lifestyles.
I don’t post too many breakfast recipes because I’m not a breakfast person. My appetite is non-existent in the morning, but I do have breakfast foods around 11-12. However, by the time my body realizes that it would like food it rudely lets me know by demanding nutrition at that very moment, so that’s why I love overnight oats.
The pina colada overnights are delicious cold, it really sets the tropical moods on warm summer days. That being, said I prefer oats to be warm. I experimented with this recipe by zapping in the microwave and they were still. A little more on the pineapple side, since the heat released some of the fruit’s juice. It’s hard to pick a favorite version, the cold overnight oats resemble more of a pina colada where the warm is more comforting with a tropical twist.
You’ve probably noticed with the majority of my recipes that it’s rare I use cow’s milk, it’s always almond, coconut, or cashew milk. Not only do I prefer the taste and nutritional benefits of unsweetened nut milks (almond milk has more calcium than cow’s milk at a lower calorie count) but my husband is lactose intolerant so this way he can have cereal with no side effects.
My household brand is Silk, so this partnership was a no-brainer since I buy it every week. If you looked in my fridge right now you would find:
- Silk Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Silk Hazelnut Almond for Coffee
- Silk Coconut for Coffee
Side note: if you haven’t tried the Silk Hazelnut Almond for Coffee, you have to buy it on your next trip to the grocery store, it’s a game changer.
Do you prefer almond, coconut, or cashew milk? Leave me a comment.
Pina Colada Overnight Oats
This dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free treat is delicious served warm or cold.
Pina Colada Overnight Oats
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- 1/2 cup pureed pineapple
- 1/2 cup shaved coconut
- 2 tbsps chia seeds
- A few drops of liquid stevia
- In a bowl combine the rolled oats, chia seeds, stevia, coconut milk, pineapple juice, and yogurt in a bowl. Mix.
- Spoon half the mixture into the bottom of a mason jar, add half the shaved coconut, half the pineapple, the rest of the coconut mixture and another layer of the coconut and pineapple.
- Seal the lid and put the fridge overnight.
- In the morning mix it together, adding more coconut milk if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.