15 of the Best Spiked Hot Chocolate Recipes
These spiked hot chocolate recipes are a comfort on chilly fall and winter nights. Chocolate hot cocktails ranging from hot cocoa with Kahlua to Malibu and hot chocolate with Irish Cream.
Hot chocolate with alcohol is an absolute dream world. Give these a try!
Welcome fall! One thing I always enjoy about the cooler weather was hot chocolate. It’s a perfect late night drink that warms you from the inside!
Spiked Hot Chocolate Recipes
I have 15 delicious spiked hot chocolate recipes from some pretty amazing bloggers listed below. I’m really excited to try the Coconut Kahlua Hot Chocolate from Healthy Nibbles and the Spiked Butterscotch Hot Chocolate from Dizzy, Busy and Hungry.
I don’t do it too often, but I do enjoy a Bailey’s and hot chocolate from time to time but now I think I may dress it up and try out the following boozy hot chocolate recipes.
Maybe 1 hot chocolate cocktail a week for the next 15 weeks?
What alcohol goes best with hot cocoa?
- Spiced rum may be the best addition to hot chocolate. Chocolate and rum have a natural pairing that is hard to beat.
- Baileys Irish Cream keeps the general consistency and creaminess of hot cocoa intact and creates a really drinkable flavor.
- Kahlua’ is a natural addition as well that transforms the chocolate into a rich desert like flavor.
- Whiskey can be added to produce that adult flavored hot chocolate that is unique and boozy-licious.
- Rumchata this is actually my favorite as Rumchata has cinnamon and vanilla flavors. When combined with chocolate, it is truly amazing.
Is spiked hot chocolate easy to make?
Yes! In fact, you really can’t go wrong. The best tasting boozy hot chocolate will start with a milk base, but you can make it with powered chocolate and it will still be really good.
Simply get your best hot chocolate whipped up, add in your favorite adult beverage, and maybe top it with a bit of whipped cream and you will have an instant hit!
The Best Alcoholic Hot Chocolate Recipes
1. Stout Hot Chocolate With Ice Cream | Floating Kitchen
2. Hot Chocolate Cocktail | Mom Endeavors
3. Black Cherry Bourbon Hot Chocolate | Living Better Together
4. Smirnoff Cinna-Sugar Hot Chocolate | A Night Owl
5. Irish Cream Hot Chocolate | Miss Information
6. Malibu Hot Chocolate | Shock Munch
7. Rumchata White Hot Chocolate | Delish D’Lites
8. Vegan Boozy Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate |
9. Red Wine Hot Chocolate | Wholefully
10. Spiked Butterscotch Hot Chocolate | Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
11. Coconut Kahlua Hot Chocolate | Healthy Nibbles
12. Cinnamon Hot Chocolate With Rum and Horchata | FashionEdible
13. Spiked and Spicy Hot Chocolate | A Cocktail Life
14. Chocolate Liqueur Hot Chocolate | Bakes by Chichi
15. Kahlua Hot Chocolate | Living Better Together
You know what would go great with a spiked hot chocolate? Chocolate cake with a Baileys Buttercream Frosting. You are welcome my friends, please enjoy!
For a sweet treat that would go great with any of the spiked hot chocolates above, try this delicious recipe for Biscotti Minch. Salted caramel biscotti (and almond biscotti) coated in white chocolate, drizzled with both milk chocolate and caramel and finished with almonds. Holy yum!
Do you like spiked hot chocolate? What’s your favorite recipe?
Looking for more great ideas? Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
Visit Randa | The Bewitchin’ Kitchen’s profile on Pinterest.