Zucchini Leek Focaccia Bread
Look for a twist on a rustic bread recipe? Try this zucchini leek focaccia bread. It’s easy, delicious, and a crowd pleaser.
Try it with caramelized onion, sundried tomatoes, and basil! The options are endless for toppings.
Homemade Focaccia Bread
It’s a leek zucchini focaccia made with whole wheat flour. It’s a really delicious recipe that’s perfect as an appetizer or as a light lunch or dinner + leftovers are amazing for breakfast served with eggs!
Can I freeze focaccia bread?
The bread freezes really well so I sometimes triple the batch and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Once you are ready to eat it just take from the freezer to the fridge the night before.
What do you eat focaccia bread with?
I love to dip focaccia bread in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, it’s a classic because it’s so good.
This recipe you could slice up the focaccia for a artisan sandwich, serve it with soup, or you could just eat it by itself. There is a ton of flavour to the bread itself thanks to the caramelized leeks.
Other Focaccia Bread Recipes
This homemade focaccia bread recipe is delicious with zucchini and leek but you can totally switch it up too.
This focaccia bread is incredible with caramelized onions, tomatoes, olives, rosemary and sea salt, peppers. There are so many options!
It’s a really versatile recipe!
How many calories in focaccia?
Every recipe will be different, especially when it comes to if you add toppings and what toppings they are.
This particular recipe is about 241 calories for 1/8th of the recipe.
You can find the rest of the nutritional information (ie: macronutrients) at the bottom of the recipe card.
21 Day Fix Counts
By popular demand, I am now offering the container counts for the Ultimate Portion Fix. I’ll be slowly updating all my recipes so you can use my recipes for Beachbody programs like 21 Day Fix, 80 Day Obsession, Liift4, and more.
Full recipe: 1 green, 12 yellow, 15 tsps.
Per serving: 1/8th green, 1/2 yellow, 1 3/4 tsps.
How to make focaccia bread
It’s pretty easy to make focaccia bread, follow the instructions below on the recipe card to make this delicious homemade focaccia bread recipe.
More delicious bread recipes:
Zucchini Leek Focaccia Bread
- In a bowl, combine the warm water with the sugar and the dry yeast. Let sit until foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the water with the flour, olive oil and salt. Mix until the dough is sticky and elastic (around 6 minutes).
- Grease a bowl and place the dough into it. Cover and place in a warm spot until it doubles in size (around 2 hours).
- Grease and flour a baking pan. Using a spatula, fold dough to deflate and scrape onto the prepared baking pan. Let it rest for a couple of minutes to relax the gluten. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Meanwhile saute the leek and zucchini. In a pan over medium heat add oil and leek. Cook until the leek is slightly translucent and fragrant. Add the zucchini and cook for 1 minute on each side. Add salt and pepper and remove from fire.
- Place the zucchini and leek on top of the focaccia and sprinkle with sea salt. Take to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
21 Day Fix CountsFull recipe: 1 green, 12 yellow, 15 tsps. Per serving: 1/8th green, 1/2 yellow, 1 3/4 tsps.
Have you ever made focaccia bread before?