Chicken and Stuffing Meatball Bites with Cranberry Dipping Sauce
Chicken and stuffing is there a savory combination any better? These chicken stuffing meatball bites have minimal ingredients (three) and it’s delicious on its own or paired with a two ingredient cranberry dipping sauce.
Chicken Stuffing Meatball Bites with Cranberry Dipping Sauce
Disclosure: this recipe has been sponsored by Canadian Chicken Farmers, I received compensation for my time. All opinions are my own.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”Q5aGfYm3″ upload-date=”2018-01-04T13:14:12.000Z” name=”Chicken and Stuffing Meatball Bites” description=”Chicken and stuffing is there a savory combination any better? These chicken stuffing meatball bites have minimal ingredients (three) and it’s delicious on its own or paired with a two ingredient cranberry dipping sauce.” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]
My husband raved about these meatball bites! He is a huge stuffing fan, and I may or may not love the flavourful carbs as well. The best part about using stuffing mix is it means that you need fewer ingredients. The stuffing mix is already seasoned, so you don’t have to do much more than adding it to the chicken meatballs.
Like all meatballs, make them small for a delicious appetizer or serve with a few sides for a full meal. The options are endless with meatballs and that’s why I love them!
Why Canadian Chicken?
- Canadian chicken has no hormones.
- Comes from local farmers.
- What you put in, gets returned to your community.
- Canadian chicken farmers are audited and have guidelines to follow.
Look for the Raised by a Canadian Farmer logo. When you’re shopping, keep your eyes peeled for the logo seen above. That’s how you know that your chicken has been raised by a Canadian farmer. This contributes to our economy and gives peace of mind knowing that our chicken is regulated through auditable programming. If you don’t see this symbol, ask your store to get it in! We need our voices to be heard that Canadians want Canadian raised chicken.
This recipe is part of the Holiday Entertaining Guide put on by myself and three other Canadian bloggers. Check out their recipes:
Stuffing Chicken Meatballs
More chicken meatball recipes on The Bewitchin’ Kitchen:
TBK’s Pro Tip: I’ve made this recipe twice now, both times I used the same amount of stuffing. One batch was dry, one batch was perfect. Here’s my tip: add the ground up stuffing 1/2 cup at a time and see how it comes together. I have 1lb ground chicken in the recipe but at our grocery stores here it never equals exactly one pound, so that could be why.
Chicken Stuffing Meatball Bites
Chicken Stuffing Meatballs
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing I used the chicken variety
- 1 lbs ground chicken
- 3 tbsps chicken broth water is fine too
Cranberry Dipping Sauce
- 1 14 oz can cranberry jelly
- 3 tbsps dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 375
- Take the stuffing mix and crush using a blender (you want fine breadcrumbs), add to a bowl. You should have just under a cup.
- Add the ground chicken and chicken broth and mix.
- Form into 1 1/2 - 2 " balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Either toss with the cranberry dijon sauce or pierce the meatballs with toothpicks and use as a dip.
For the sauce
- Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until it comes to a slow boil (whisking frequently).
- Turn off the heat and serve as a dipping sauce to the chicken stuffing meatballs.