Peppermint White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars [Gluten Free]
The holidays are a time to get together with loved ones, enjoy each other’s company and nibble on seasonal treats. These creamy Peppermint White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars scream Christmas. They’re simple to throw together, and because I used PHILADELPHIA Original Cream Cheese 250g, you know they taste delicious!
Peppermint White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Kraft Heinz Canada ULC. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Check out Kraft Canada for more delicious recipes and a complete list of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese products.
I’m not much of a baker, this is common knowledge around here. I don’t post many sweets but when I do you bet your butts it’s because it’s so easy even I can do it. These gluten free cheesecake bars are no exception.
I’ve partnered with PHILADELPHIA for this post because it’s the cream cheese I use for all of my recipes. It’s the brand I grew up with, and you know if Grandma only ever used one brand, there’s a reason.
Why trust your cheesecake to anyone but PHILADELPHIA? They’re the only original cream cheese with no artificial colours or flavours.
There has been a lot of trial and error but PHILLY is the only cream cheese that I know will give me consistent results, whether it’s in creamy holiday baking, savoury dinners, or smooth and delicious appetizers (like these spinach and artichoke dip stuffed peppers).
These peppermint cheesecake bars are perfect for holiday entertaining. They’re rich, they’re easy, and they leave you wanting more. I made them with an almond flour crust to make them gluten free but you can use traditional graham cracker crumbs.
Chocolate Crust for Cheesecake Bars
I noticed with a lot of white chocolate cheesecakes that it was common to use a dark chocolate crust for a beautiful contrast.
If you want to make a gluten free chocolate crust add the following to the peppermint cheesecake recipe:
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (start with 1/4, then adjust to taste). Swap with the same amount of almond flour.
- 1-2 tbsps melted butter. You will want it to have a crumbly consistency, this way it’s easy to press into the pan and maintain the crust.
Freezing Cheesecake Bars
These cheesecake bars can be frozen, just make sure they’re cooled completely before tossing them in your freezer.
I recommend freezing them until sold on a baking tray (flash freezing) and then adding them to a resealable bag.
How long can cheesecake bars be made ahead of time?
You can make these three days before serving. I recommend making them the day before, if possible.
How to make peppermint cheesecake bars
These Christmas cheesecake bars are so easy to make. They have simple ingredients and require minimal effort.
The biggest hurdle? Waiting for them to set in the fridge because you’ll be wanting to dive in.
TBK’s Pro Tip: These white chocolate cheesecake bars taste the best after being refrigerated overnight. I highly recommend making them the night before serving, but if you’re reading the recipe the day of (I’m guilty of this too) let chill as along as you can, at least four hours).
Peppermint White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Gluten free crust
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tbsps sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 8 oz packages PHILADELPHIA cream cheese (250g) room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes gluten free
- 4 oz white chocolate baking squares melted
- 3 tbsps crushed candy canes gluten free
- Preheat oven to 350
Gluten free crust
- Line the bottom of a 9x9 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, melt butter in the microwave.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, sugar, salt, and butter. Mix until combined. If you would like a chocolate crust, add 1/4-1/2 cup cocoa powder (to taste) + 2 tbsps more butter.
- Press into a square 9x9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl beat the PHILADELPHIA cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, using an electric beat or a stand mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium high for 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in the crushed candy canes with a spatula or wooden spoon. Do not beat (it will dye the whole batter pink).
- Pour over the almond flour base and bake for 40 minutes. the top should be slightly jiggly.
- Take out of the oven and let sit for 30 minutes.
Candy Cane Topping
- Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler (or melt in the microwave if you're short on time). Drizzle over the cheesecake and top with the rest of the crushed candy canes.
- Transfer to the fridge and let sit overnight night, or at minimum 4 hours.
- Slice into 12 squares.
Christmas Baking Recipes
- Rugelach – A delicious pastry passed to me by one of my closest friends, I have added PHILLY to the filling before and it’s amazing.
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars
- Gingerbread Dessert Dip Not exactly baking but I also made this with PHILLY cream cheese and it’s a must serve at your holiday parties, it’s so light and creamy.
Want more holiday recipes? Head HERE for more inspiration.
These look soooo good! They’d be the first thing I’d go for if I decide to break my diet!
These look so festive and easy to make! A great option if you have party guests who are gluten-free!
Yes! I have recently gone gluten free due to health reasons and I’m so thankful I don’t have to skimp on taste!
I only use Philadelphia Cream Cheese too, it’s the best. I’ve never seen anything like this, very cool. Oh and I’m not much of a baker either.
So you know if these turned out for me…they’re do able for anyone then hahaha!
This is the best cheesecake-themed dessert I’ve ever seen! I have to make these. I mean, they have peppermint!
Thanks so much Stacie! They were soooo good!
Oh yum! Peppermint is one of my favorite flavors year-round. The holidays will give me an excuse to make some of these treats!
These look absolutely delicious! We swear by Philadelphia Cream Cheese at our house. I used to think that my mom chose Philadelphia because we grew up in Philadelphia, but I soon realized it’s because it tastes so much better!
You had me at cheesecake. I swear I’m addicted to anything made with cream cheese. These bars are going to be making an appearance at my house.
Oh my goodness! They look amazingly delicious and so perfect for Christmas. My kid will devour these in minutes!
I love anything with peppermint and white chocolate, now that you’re adding in cheesecake? This is definitely going to be on my to make list!
This is my favorite time of year – bring on the peppermint! These look so good.
Bring on all the treats!
Ok, this is my kind of holiday treat! I love peppermint but have yet to make peppermint bark.
Is the butter supposed to be unsalted or salted? Thanks!