Apple Cinnamon Bread
This Apple Cinnamon Bread recipe is baked with organic apples, vanilla, and cinnamon. It’s topped with a delicious apple pie-like crumble or apple streusel, made with butter and pecans.
Apple Cinnamon Bread AKA Apple Pie Bread
Inspired by the great fall desserts, apple pie, apple crumble, and apple crisp, this Apple Cinnamon Bread, which could also be named Apple Pie Bread, will get you in the mood for cooler, crisp evenings by the fire with a mug of hot cider.
Great for breakfast, snack, or dessert, apple cinnamon bread is a family favorite that will fill your home with the sweet and spicy aroma of fall. The best part is the topping, which is made of chopped organic Granny Smith apples, brown sugar, and pecans. Switch out the pecans for your favorite nut or eliminate nuts and go with dried oats for a nut-free substitute.
For more Bewitchin’ Kitchen favorite apple inspired recipes, check out: Apple Pumpkin Pie, Baked Apple Oatmeal, Baked Apples with Coconut Cream, No-bake apple caramel cheesecake, Apple Praline Pie, and Caramel Apple Blender Pancakes
Why you will love this recipe
- This apple bread has a deliciously soft, moist texture with a crisp crumble top.
- Easy directions and easy storage
- Simple, whole food ingredients
How to Make Perfect Apple Cinnamon Bread
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan with butter and set aside.
Step 2. Prepare the crumble. Mix cold butter with sugar with a fork. Add cinnamon and flour, using your hands to crumble up the texture. Add chopped pecans or a nut of your choice and combine. Set crumble aside.
Step 3. Mix wet and sugar ingredients. Beat the eggs and mix them with oil, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Next, add white and brown sugar, and combine.
Step 4. Add dry ingredients. Mix all-purpose flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Then, combine dry ingredients with wet ones.
Step 5. Fold in diced apples and stir.
Step 6. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Spread the prepared crumble on top. Bake it for 60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Pro Tip: After you pour the mixture into the greased bread pan, gently shake the mixture to the sides and tap it on the countertop. This will help release any air pockets and ensure a more even bake.
Frequently asked Questions about Apple Bread
Can you freeze apple bread?
Apple loaf freezes easily for up to three months. Simply saran wrap the bread and place it into an airtight freezer bag. Dethaw in the refrigerator or in a cool environment. Reheat dethawed slices for seconds in the microwave.
How do you store apple bread?
Store apple bread in an air-tight bag or container on the counter or in the refrigerator. Bread will keep for up to 7 days. After this time period, freeze in an airtight container for up to three months.
Apple Cinnamon Bread
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 21/4 cup flour all-purpose
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk whole
- 1 apple large, organic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flour all-purpose
- 2 tbsp sugar
- .5 oz butter
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×5" loaf pan with butter and set aside.
- Prepare the crumble. Mix cold butter with sugar, using a fork.
- Add cinnamon and flour, using your hands to crumble up the mixture.
- Add chopped pecans and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, and mix in oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in white and brown sugars.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in peeled and diced apples and stir.
- pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Spread the crumble on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.