Chocolate Coconut Balls – 4 Ingredient No Bake Dessert
I love this time of year, I call it baking season. Now that the weather is cooler, I have the oven going more often. However, I do still prefer easy, no-bake desserts like these Chocolate Coconut Balls. This recipe has been added to my easy coconut balls page.
Two years ago I threw together a few ingredients and hoped for the best – that recipe was for Coconut Balls. I was curious on how they would taste with chocolate, so today I remade them and added a milk chocolate drizzle. My son is currently eating them by the handful, which I should probably stop since they’re basically pure sugar. But yet, this is the time of year where pure sugar is okay – right? Or is that just me?
It starts out with two ingredients: powdered sugar and coconut oil. The result is a frosting consistency, so you know darn well that I’ll be experimenting with that for future recipes.
After the shredded coconut is added, you could just stop there. I did that two years ago for the original 3 Ingredient Coconut Balls. However, I wanted to take it one step further.
I cheated a little bit when it came to the milk chocolate. I went to Bulk Barn and bought Merckens chocolate wafers (similar to Candy Melts). I did that because they’re easier to melt (and because they were on sale – let’s be honest, price wins everytime).
Chocolate Coconut Balls
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Balls – a no bake dessert recipe that only uses 4 ingredients. I make these every year for the holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
Chocolate Coconut Balls
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tbsps melted coconut oil
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- <a href="https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=merckens+chocolate&sprefix=Merckens+cho aps,207&crid=3DCW7VTAFZAO2&rh=i:aps,k:merckens+chocolate&linkCode=ll2&tag=bewitchinkitchen-20&linkId=06d0c8f112d6281ceb51ff211c20fba7" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">1/2 cup milk chocolate wafers
- In a medium bowl add the melted coconut oil and powdered sugar, stir to combine into a frosting consistency.
- Add the coconut and stir together.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and set on parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring in between each set of 30 seconds.
- Drizzle over the coconut balls and let set.
More Coconut Ball Recipes:
Helpful Supplies for Making Coconut Balls:
Want more chocolate recipes? Check out my friend’s posts below:
No-Bake Nanaimo Bars – A Chocolate Holiday Treat via This Lil Piglet
Dark Chocolate Truffles via Sober Julie
If you like this recipe, then please pass it on to your friends and family.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.