Honey and Tea Chicken
Cooking Chicken With Tea may sound a little odd, but trust me it’s delicious. I have made this particular recipe many times and I usually serve it with penne noodles tossed in a roasted garlic, sun dried tomato and olive oil.
Cooking Chicken With Tea – Honey and Tea Chicken Breasts
This recipe can be good for up to 6 chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless).
- 6 chicken breasts (I only use two, since there is only two of us).
- Orange Pekoe Tea Bag or Earl Grey De Creme Loose Leaf Tea (Irish Breakfast works well too).
- 2 Cups boiling water (about)
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 3 tbsps soy sauce.
- In a saucepan place tea bag and pour boiling water over. Let steep for a little bit and press spoon into tea bag, then remove.
- Add honey and soy sauce and stir until dissolved.
- Turn on element to medium and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and cover. Cook for 15-18 minutes.
- Turn chicken and remove cover. Continue to cook for another 10-12 minutes.
You can find Earl Grey De Creme (available in black tea, green tea or a luxurious white tea) over at my Steeped Tea store or email me to order. Irish Breakfast would work wonderfully as well since it’s similar to Orange Pekoe.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.