Strawberry Pina Colada Protein Shaved Ice Cream
Have you ever had protein shaved ice cream? It’s a cross between a recipe for shaved ice and a failed protein ice cream. That being said, this recipe totally works! Cool off for the rest of the summer with this protein dessert!
Protein Shaved Ice Cream
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s hot here in Northern British Columbia, we’re in the midst of a heat wave and it’s getting old.
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE hot weather, but it’s not fun when it’s 34 degrees outside and we don’t have AC (my house gets hot). Top that with all the wildfires surrounding us and not only is it hot but the air quality is very bad (it’s the worst on the scale).
I’ve been washing ash off our furniture.
This worries me, I don’t like my babies breathing this in.
How my protein ice cream fail turned into a recipe
This was originally supposed to be a low calorie, high protein, ice cream recipe but because I used almond milk instead of a high fat base (like canned coconut milk) it turned slushy.
My son and I both tried it, and we both liked it, we just didn’t like how it wasn’t an ice cream (like how I hoped).
However, once I changed the thought of having it as a protein ice cream and turned my thoughts into a shaved ice – it totally fit.
Protein Shaved Ice
It seems so strange to have a shaved ice that’s packed with protein. When I think of shaved ice, I think of the sugary syrup deliciousness that I had in Hawaii, or at the docks at the Polynesian at the Disneyworld Resort (I had strawberry pina colada there too).
Strawberry Pina Colada Protein Shaved Ice Cream Ingredients
Here’s what I used to make this recipe for protein shaved ice.
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used Califa Farms)
- Ideal Lean Pina Colada Protein Powder
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
If you want to try your hand at homemade ice cream, give these a go!
- Protein Caramel Vanilla Ice Cream
- No Churn Rhubarb Crisp Ice Cream
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream (No Churn Recipe)
Protein Shaved Ice Cream
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Line a loaf pan with paper (for easy clean up) or use an ice cream pail and pour the shaved ice mixture into the container.
- Freeze until frozen (about 4 hours), I like to make it at night so it's ready for the next day.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?