Skinny Gut Shake Recipe: Vanilla Coco-PB #SkinnyGutShake
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Renew Life Formulas. All opinions are 100% mine.
Protein shakes are apart of my daily routine. I will have one at least once a day, but if I’m “stuck” and need a quick and healthy meal I will sometimes up it to twice a day.
I’m sensitive to gluten (in the sense where I break out in hives when I eat it), and I’m trying to heal my gut. To find a quick and easy shake that serves my nutritional needs, is not easy. I was just looking at protein powders this weekend at Costco and there wasn’t a single one that I could have.
When it comes to choosing a protein shake, I look for a few things:
- Low carbs
- High protein (minimum 20g)
- High fiber content
- No aspartame, and I do my best to keep the “junk” ingredients on the minimum.
Skinny Gut Shake:
Renew Life Skinny Gut Ultimate Shakes offers everything on my protein shake checklist and more. It’s available in either the Renew Life Skinny Gut Chocolate Shake or the vanilla option, and it’s 130 calories per scoop. It’s USDA approved, GMO free and since there is no dairy or animal products, it’s vegan.
What’s In The Skinny Gut Shake:
- 20 grams of Organic, Grain-free Protein from seeds and legumes to help build muscle*
- 10 grams of Prebiotic Organic Fiber, including acacia fiber, to help curb appetite by helping you feel full*
- 10 Billion live Ultimate Flora™ Probiotic cultures providing specially selected strains to support healthy gut balance*
- Organic Fruit and Veggie Antioxidant blend plus vitamins and minerals to nourish cells.*
- Full-spectrum Digestive Enzyme blend to support healthy digestion and help optimize nutrient availability.*
What’s Out Of The Skinny Gut Shake:
- Artificial Ingredients or Preservatives
- Added Sugar
- Gluten & Dairy
I really like how this protein powder offers 10 grams of fiber and that it has 0 grams of sugar. I actually take the Ultimate Flora in a probiotic capsule already, so the fact that it’s in the shake is the icing on the cake (just a side note, I never thought I would ever get excited about a probiotic before).
…But Does The Skinny Gut Shake TASTE GOOD?
All these health benefits are great, but it always comes down to taste. I’m not going to drink something that doesn’t taste good. It doesn’t taste bad, I wouldn’t care for it on it’s own. It’s not a sweet shake, so if you’re not blending it with fruit you may need to add a little stevia.
Here’s a recipe I made:
Vanilla Coco-PB Shake
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut peanut butter
- 1 scoop Vanilla Skinny Gut Shake
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tbsp Toasted coconut chips
- Sprinkle of stevia (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend, pour, top with toasted coconut chips and enjoy.
What shake would you want to try? The chocolate or the Renew Life Skinny Gut Vanilla Shake?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.