Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup [Gluten free]
This creamy recipe for InstantPot chicken pot pie soup is a twist on a comfort food favorite! Everything is better in soup form!
Serve it with biscuits or crackers and you have a winter dinner that will warm your bones up after a cold day outside.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup in the Instant Pot
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This gluten free chicken soup was created in the Instant Pot but if you don’t have a pressure cooker, it’s easy enough to make it on the stovetop. Just let it simmer longer.
The ingredient list is super simple.
I find it so funny how the best-tasting recipe uses simple (and minimal) ingredients. No need for any fancy nancy over here!
Make it dairy free
If you’re looking to make this chicken pot pie soup dairy free you have a few options:
- Sub milk and cream for canned coconut milk (it will alter the taste a bit.
- Make cashew cream. Soak cashews in hot water for an hour and blend them. I’d use 1/2 cup to 1 cup. Start with a little and add more if you want.
Is this soup healthy?
As long as you don’t have any dairy intolerances or sensitivities, you bet it is!
There are 189 calories in 1/10th of the recipe.
All the macronutrients are at the bottom of the recipe card. My favorite part is that this is soup is high in protein but low in sugar. Talk about a win-win.
Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
Winter soup recipes I know you’ll love
- Zuppa Toscana
- Pot Roast Soup
- Creamy Turkey Soup in Bread Bowls
- Thai Coconut Peanut Soup
- Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup
Now go ahead and create this chicken pot pie soup recipe. Make sure you come back after and leave me a comment on how it went (and don’t forget to rate this recipe by clicking the 5 stars)!
Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Soup in the Instant Pot
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 2 Cups frozen carrots peas and corn mix
- 2 Tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 Cups chicken stock
- ½ Cup milk
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add butter and onion and cook until transparent. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add frozen veggies, seasoning, chicken breasts and stock. Close the lid. Cook for 12 minutes on high pressure. Manually release steam.
- In a small bowl combine milk and cornstarch. Incorporate it to the soup and, with the Instant Pot on warm, let it thicken (around 5 minutes). Meanwhile, with the help of two forks, shred the chicken.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and mix in the heavy cream.
- Serve and top with a biscuit.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.