Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Another Paleo diet hit in our house was made tonight and before the rest of the chicken was devoured I quickly snapped a photo to share.
I’ll never forget the first time I made these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. My husband looked at it confused and gave me the what the heck are you making me eat look. I’m happy to report back that we’ve made this many times throughout the years and I haven’t had a complaint yet (except for that time I added too much cayenne).
More healthy chicken recipes:
- Kickin’ Chicken Kebabs with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Clean Eating Chicken Chili
- Whole30 Coconut Curry Chicken Meatballs
- Ginger Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Slow Cooker + Instant Pot Recipe)
Supplies that make this recipe easy:
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I find this recipe super filling as is, but if you want more “hearty” ingredients and you’re not paleo add some crispy Chinese noodles. You can also add bean sprouts, peanuts, mushrooms, etc. I have a very picky household and all of those ingredients wouldn’t fly around here. I celebrate the fact I can get carrots and broccoli into their bellies, I call that a win.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 3-4 chicken breasts cooked and shredded.
- 1 head bibb lettuce peeled into "cups"
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups baby carrots
- Optional toppings: almonds or peanuts if not paleo and cilantro.
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsps coconut aminos
- 3 tbsps lime juice
- Cayenne adjust heat to your taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In a high powdered blender (I use a Vitamix) or a food processor add the carrots and broccoli. Pulse until they're diced. On a tray lay out cooked chicken, lettuce leaves,
- Shred the cooked chicken and lay out on a tray.
- Mix ingredients of Thai sauce together in a bowl and set on the side for serving.
- Take a lettuce leaf, add the chicken, veggie mix, and top with almonds (if not paleo, use peanuts), cilantro and sauce.
Recipe credit to Paleo Plan! I made a few changes, but you can find the original recipe here.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
oh my lands… sound so yummy!
LOVE the sound of that sauce with all those fresh veggies and chicken!
These look so good! I’ve heard awesome things about thai lettuce wraps; I’m going to have to just bike the bullet one of these days and make them already!
Delish! I love the idea of lettuce instead of a bready wrap
That sounds healthy and looks amazing. Great pictures, I’m taking notes.
Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo
Pingback: Paleo Diet Review | Caveman Diet | Paleo Diet Recipes
Pingback: How To Organize A Fridge Like A Pro #testdrivemoms - The Bewitchin' Kitchen
I love lettuce wraps, they are always my favorite thing to whip up for lunches or dinners, great recipe!
I haven’t made this in a while, thanks for commenting and reminding me. I’ll have to whip it up next week!
Have a great day and thanks for coming by!
Looks great and love how the pictures turned out
Thank you 🙂
Pingback: How to Improve Gut Health | Randa Derkson