I rarely bake cookies, and I’m not sure why. They’re fun to make and it’s an activity that my son and I could do together. After these easy toffee cookies, I think summer ’16 will be the season of cookies.
What I love about this recipe for toffee cookies is that it only calls for 5 ingredients, which means they’re super easy to make. Another bonus? It’s a quick and dirty recipe: 2 minutes mixing and about 10 minutes of baking time.
You know what that means right? More time for eating!
As I said before, I don’t bake cookies often. If you do a cookie search on The Bewitchin’ Kitchen you won’t find many (you will find this healthy cookie recipe though). You see friends, there is very little willpower over here. If I don’t eat half a batch, my husband will, and if we manage to save some overnight – my cat will sneak over and eat it. Yes, one time I woke up and saw that my cat ate 22 mini cookies (and not even homemade, he ate the Pillsbury Minion cookies that I bought for my son).
He’s such a tank.
Other toffee recipes you can find on The Bewitchin’ Kitchen:
Peanut Butter Fudge with Crunchy Toffee Topping (this is one of my all-time favorites).
Chocolate Toffee Cookies
This recipe for chocolate toffee cookies produces a delicious, soft chocolate cookie. Happy baking!
My favorite part of the recipe? The yummy Skor bits on top, I love the creamy toffee flavour!
Cake mix cookies are so easy. I also think you’ll love these Peppermint cake mix cookies, perfect for the holidays.
Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup toffee bits Skor makes them, they're beside the chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Empty cake mix into a medium sized bowl and add the butter and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs and give them a quick whisk with a fork to break the yolks.
- Add the eggs to the cake mixture and combine well.
- Spoon out the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a fork, flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake for approximately 10 – 12 minutes.
- When cookies come out of the oven, quickly sprinkle the toffee bits on the top and push them slightly into the cookie while it’s still soft. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack.
What’s your favorite cookie recipe? Let me know in the comments!
Like this recipe? Please, share with your friends!
These look delicious! I make a chocolate cookie made from a cake mix as well. I think next time I will try these. Thanks for sharing!
My husband would love these! Soft chocolate cookies with toffee..sign us up! Pinning.
Thanks so much for sharing at Thoughts of Home on Thursday! Your participation thrills us! 😉
Thanks for stopping by Stacey! Happy baking 😀
Oh my word! I love toffee anything…these cookies look awesome! Thanks for sharing at Welcome Home Wednesdays!
Me too Crystal! I love me some Skor and Skor bits!
Awesome, only 5 ingredients. That is my kind of recipe. Thanks, Anna
It’s my kind of recipe too! I love easy and fast when it comes to baking!