Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 (2 pound) pork roast
- 1 cup barbeque sauce I use Bulls Eye
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar regular vinegar works fine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 4 hamburger buns, split
Place the pork roast into the slow cooker.
Combine the barbecue sauce, rice vinegar, and chicken broth and whisk together. Add the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme. Whisk everything together and pour over the pork roast.
Cover and cook on high for 5 hours. Let roast sit in crock pot on warm for up to an hour, then shred the meat with 2 forks.
Strain the sauce and discard solids. Mix a teaspoon of cornstarch with a small amount of water to make a paste. Continue adding water, a little at a time, to make the cornstarch mixture thinner. Add cornstarch mixture and strained sauce to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer ten minutes or until slightly thickened.
Pour half of the sauce into the shredded meat and combine.
FREE Recipe Binder
Are you constantly wondering what's for dinner?
When I don't meal plan I feel behind, and we usually end up ordering take out. This recipe binder will keep you organized and make life a little bit easier.