12 Chicken Recipes for Meal Prep
One of the best tips I have to stay consistent with health and wellness goals is to meal prep. It simply makes your week easier and all your food is done for you. I put together a few of my favorite chicken recipes for meal prep to help make this process that much easier for you.
Chicken Recipes for Meal Prep
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
These healthy chicken recipes that I have listed below are perfect for meal prep! You can either cook the whole recipe ahead of time or prep the veggies portion out the ingredients for an easy throw together dinner the day of.
What is Meal Prep?
Meal prep is when you take a day and prepare for your week. There are many ways to meal prep including:
- Cooking all your meals ahead of time and portioning them out for the week (this can include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks). This way you just grab and go as needed.
2. Prepping what you need for the week. This is what I personally do the majority of the time.
What I do is I wash and chop all my vegetables ahead of time and store them. I pre-cook chicken and other proteins as needed for the recipes (easy salads, stir-fries, etc) or marinade them. I also cook up rice, quinoa, and whatever sides that need to be done.
Canadian Farmed Chicken
I am thrilled to announce that I have partnered with Chicken Farmers of Canada for another year of delicious monthly chicken recipes as a 2020 brand ambassador.
I couldn’t think of a better way to announce this partnership than sharing some of my favorite chicken meal prep recipes that I’ve created over the years.
All of my recipes use Canadian chicken that has been Raised by a Canadian Farmer.
You can ensure that you’re getting chicken that was raised by a Candian Farmer by looking for the logo above.
Why do I love Canadian chicken? It takes the guess work out of shopping. I can look for the Raised by a Canadian Farmer logo and know that animal care and health is third party audited. Plus supporting fellow Canadians just feels good.
What are the different kinds of farmed chicken?
There are many different kinds of farming when it comes to our dinnertime poultry. Here they are:
- Free Range: Free range birds must have access to the outdoors (varies from farm to farm).
- Free Run: Free run chickens do not need to be raised outside but they are required to be able to move around freely within the barn. All chickens raised for meat in Canada are free run.
- Grain Fed: This is mostly for marketing. All chicken in Canada is given a feed that consists of at over 88% grain.
- Halal: Meat that comes from chicken that follows the Muslim guidelines.
- Hormone Free and/or Steroid Free: Hormones have been banned from chicken since the 1960’s in Canada.
- Kosher: Kosher means that this fits the dietary requirements of Jewish law.
- Organic Chicken: Organic chicken is raised to a specific standard as laid out by the Canadian General Standards Board, in addition to the standards set by an organic certification board. Generally, chicken must be raised with certified organic feed that contains no animal by-products or antibiotics and any supplements, such as vitamins, must be approved by a certification body.
- Vegetarian Grain Fed: This means that the feed has no animal by-products. For the protein source, soy is included but keep in mind that it can alter the taste and color of the meat.
- Raised Without Antibiotics: This means that the chicken was raised without any antibiotics.
Chicken Meal Prep Recipes
Alright, enough of the gabbing and let’s get down to the recipes shall well?